Internship start January 2024
Dear Interested Parties,
There is again a vacancy for an internship in my team in Brussels! Are you a student or have you just finished your studies and want to get to know the parliamentary routine and the workings of the EU institutions? Then apply and support my team and me in my political work. In my daily parliamentary life in Brussels, I follow the Committees for Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, Development as well as the Committee for Foreign Policy together with my colleagues. I am also a member of the delegations for Afghanistan, the Mashreq countries and the Mediterranean Union. In addition, we work on everything that is important at Europe's external borders and beyond in the areas of flight and migration - and this is by no means only done from within Parliament.
The internship provides insight into various aspects of working for an MEP. These include:
- Organizational and substantive support for my work as Vice Chairman in the Committee on Development (DEVE) and my work in the LIBE and AFET committees.
- Preparation of technical information, preparation and attendance of committee meetings and delegation meetings
- Tracking and classifying current political developments at international and EU level
- Support the entire team with project-related technical research and drafting of texts and briefings
- Support in the area of public relations: answering citizens' inquiries, support in the formulation of press releases and social media contributions.
- Support in the preparation and follow-up of events and visitor groups
- Good knowledge of and interest in European politics and the functioning of the EU institutions
- Identification with the goals and values of Green politics
- quick comprehension, precision, high analytical ability and good judgement
- Ability to work in a team and high degree of reliability
- very good written and oral communication skills
- Business fluent in German and English, good knowledge of French an advantage
- Completed Bachelor's degree advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Practical experience in the creation of social media posts
Scope of duties and remuneration
This is a full-time position (100%) for the duration of 4 months starting January 2024, remunerated at 1,495€/month net. Place of work is Brussels, occasional travel, e.g. to the plenary session in Strasbourg, is possible. Matriculation is not necessary.
Send your curriculum vitae (max. 1 page) and a letter of application (max. 1 page), each in German, in a joint PDF document up to and including 30.09.2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Internship Application" as the subject line.
Selection interviews (via Zoom) are expected to take place in week 40. When the final decision has been made, we will send a final response to all applicants.
I am looking forward to your application!